This form of rehabilitation focuses on examining and treating sports injuries. Our goal is to be able to get you back towards sports in a responsible manner as soon as possible.
Benjamin is going to help you
Need help with recovery and prevention of your symptoms? For a personalized approach, you have come to the right place.
We focus on recovery but also, in addition, on maintaining fitness and strength of the rest of the body. Therefore, therapy is not only focused on the injury itself, but may also be designed to train the parts of the body that are still taxable. We also provide a piece of injury prevention and are happy to advise you on how to resume sports. The 5 most common sports injuries are injuries to the ankles, hamstrings, knees, back or shoulders.
Some forms of (sports) rehabilitation are:
- Rehabilitation after anterior/ posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction;
- Recovery after inversion/eversion trauma (ankle sprain);
- Running injuries;
- Throwing related shoulder problems;
Neurological disorders and physical therapy
Central neurological disease (CNA) is a collective term for disorders of the brain, nervous system and spinal cord. Some examples of central neurological disorders are Parkinson’s disease, a stroke (CVA), spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), dementia or brain injury due to trauma.
The symptoms in a neurological disorder can vary and differ from one individual to another. Symptoms may involve the entire body, for example:
- Abnormal muscle tension;
- Vibration of the limbs at rest or just during movement;
- Radiating nerve pain in the limbs;
- Radiating nerve pain in the extremities; Loss of strength;
- Decreased sensation (sensibility);
- Pain and stiffness;
- Decreased condition;
- Decreased condition;
Treatments at Physiotherapy & Training Amsterdam are designed to help you resume activities of daily living. The goal is to maintain independence, improve safety of activities, improve load and load capacity and reduce fatigue. With a progressive course, we try to limit further deterioration as much as possible. The patient will be included in the making of the plan. In this way, a customized treatment plan is created. If the situation allows, therapy takes place in the practice. When it is necessary to practice (first) from the home situation, the therapist will discuss this with you.
What you can expect from our specialized team:
- What you can expect from our specialized team;
- Attention to the person behind the condition;
- Where appropriate, the family is involved in the process;
- Advising and informing to better cope with the consequences of the disorder;
- Maintaining and improving (where possible) independence in the living situation: practicing stair climbing, fall training, cycling, etc.;
- Advising in the use of assistive devices, in collaboration with the occupational therapist;
- Training functions in the brain by learning strategies or performing dual tasks, for example;
Make an appointment
Would you like to make an appointment with a physiotherapist or manual therapist in Amsterdam? If so, please contact us.